develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2014

Re: tests fail with debugging+threads on OS X

Elizabeth Mattijsen
December 5, 2014 22:40
Re: tests fail with debugging+threads on OS X
Message ID:
On 05 Dec 2014, at 23:22, Father Chrysostomos <> wrote:
> Ricardo Signes wrote:
>> Earlier today I mentioned that we'd gone from "test failures" to "build
>> failures." Now the build failures are fixed, so...
>> Tests fail for me on OS X 10.10.1, clang 6, with -DDEBUGGING -Dusethreads
>> perl -V and build/test output attached.
> Looks like memory corruption of some sort.  I'm not seeing those
> failures with Darwin 12.5.  Could you try bisecting and see when
> t/op/magic.t starts failing?

FWIW, rakudo on MoarVM on OS X has some sort of memory corruption issue as well.  So I’ll be following this thread here as well  :-)