develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2014

Re: Do pad name string buffers need to be pointer-aligned?

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
December 1, 2014 06:39
Re: Do pad name string buffers need to be pointer-aligned?
Message ID:
20141201063951.31410.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Aaron Crane wrote:
> In recent Git (as of version 1.8.2, I think) you can:
>
> git config --global commit.cleanup whitespace
>
> The default setting is "strip", which is documented to "Strip leading
> and trailing empty lines, trailing whitespace, and #commentary and
> collapse consecutive empty lines". The "whitespace" setting
> documentation is "Same as strip except #commentary is not removed".
>
> You may alternatively prefer the "scissors" setting, which uses a
> specially-formatted comment matching /^# -+ >8 -+$/ to separate the
> editable part of the message from the comments summarising what is
> being committed; only comments that appear after it are swallowed. I
> believe this setting is available as of Git 2.0.0.

Thank you.  I'll look into that.