develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2014

Re: some tests are slower than others

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
November 29, 2014 13:05
Re: some tests are slower than others
Message ID:
5479C49A.5030508@iki.fi
On Friday-201411-28, 21:02, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> So I got me some numbers.  I ran the tests with the new HARNESS_TIMER=1
> option, across eight different systems.  Some faster, some slower.
> Wall-time difference magnitude of 34: from 11 minutes to 7 hours.

FWIW, running the numbers even on either of the two modern fast systems
points out pretty much the same set of tests as slow.  So it's not that
the older systems do exceptionally badly on certain tests; it's that on
the the older systems the slowness is noticeably painful.