develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2014

Re: Smoke [khw/ebcdic] v5.21.7-26bc3dee z/OS

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
November 28, 2014 06:24
Re: Smoke [khw/ebcdic] v5.21.7-26bc3dee z/OS
Message ID:
54781527.1080205@khwilliamson.com
On 11/27/2014 05:09 AM, Yaroslav Kuzmin wrote:
> Smoke logs available at -
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5PTttxwo7qAUnhnZHE5aUFFa2M
>
> Automated smoke report for branch ????? 5.21.7 patch
> RS12: 2817 (2817/)
>      on        os/390 - 23.00
>      using     c99 version
>      smoketime 1 hour 17 minutes (average 38 minutes 56 seconds)

> O = OK  F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom
> X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness
> ? = still running or test results not (yet) available
> Build failures during:       - = unknown or N/A
> c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = make test-prep
>
>               Configuration (common) none
> ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------
> X X c -
> | | +------- PERLIO = stdio  -DDEBUGGING
> | +--------- PERLIO = perlio
> +----------- PERLIO = stdio

> --
> Report by Test::Smoke v1.6 running on perl 5.21.6
> (Reporter v0.052 / Smoker v0.045)
>
> P.S.  in file utf8.c in  function Perl__to_utf8_fold_flags  line 2186
> and line 2193 identical variable name
> const unsigned int long_s_t_len

I looked at the source of utf8.c, and don't see any problem.

I have cleaned up some of the failures, and pushed a new version to try
if you have a chance, to the same place.  Otherwise, I'll have a look
over your weekend to try to fix a few others, but we're getting down to
the place where you'll have to run some more things by hand, and maybe
use the debugger(s).  Do you have valgrind or some similar mechanism for
finding wild writes, etc?