develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2014

Re: 330 compilations warnings building Perl

From:
demerphq
Date:
November 24, 2014 15:07
Re: 330 compilations warnings building Perl
Message ID:
CANgJU+Ww8M+k_F73bixJHBfXACePJPp_L9vGPZtJejHgFpT6GA@mail.gmail.com
On 24 November 2014 at 15:08, Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> wrote:

> To be fair, that we can see most of those warnings is a recent
> development.  And at it's mostly from the extensions.
>
> As often, this is my fault: I recently made it so that the cc warnings
> (in truth, only the gcc -Warnings) used to compile the core are now
> propagated also to the extensions built with the core.
>
> This has never before been the case.  So the dubiousness has always
> been there.  I just turned on a bigger flashlight.

And that explains how someone as diligent as Karl might overlook these
warnings.

Thanks for the explanation. I think making these more visible is a good
thing.

I apologise for suggesting anybody had not done due-diligence.

Yves