develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2014

Suggestion for the way we manage maint meta-tickets

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
November 18, 2014 03:47
Subject:
Suggestion for the way we manage maint meta-tickets
Message ID:
20141118034716.15355.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
If a ticket that is already resolved gets attached to a maint meta-
ticket, for the sake of backporting, it appears crossed out, as though
it has already been taken care of.  That can be confusing.

However, instead of reopening the ticket in this case, I suggest we
unlink tickets that have been backported, avoiding the whole problem
of distinguishing 'resolved' from 'really resolved'.