develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2014

DAVEM TPF grant#2 report #55

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
November 17, 2014 12:58
Subject:
DAVEM TPF grant#2 report #55
Message ID:
20141117125840.GO3850@iabyn.com
Spent a bit of time tracking down a regex bug, but spent most of my time
last week working on a new script that allows benchmarking of the code in
t/perf/benchmarks using cachegrind. By using an execution/cache simulator,
it gives consistent results (and quickly), without the crippling noise
normally associated with benchmarks. It should get to a pushable state
within the next few days.

2014/11/11
     0:17 process p5p mailbox

2014/11/12
     0:45 process p5p mailbox
     3:49 create Porting/bench.pl

2014/11/13
     1:54 create Porting/bench.pl

2014/11/14
     0:55 process p5p mailbox
     0:43 [perl #123202] Slow global pattern match in taint mode with input from utf8
     1:01 create Porting/bench.pl

2014/11/16
     2:55 create Porting/bench.pl

SUMMARY:
      0:43 [perl #123202] Slow global pattern match in taint mode with input from utf8
      9:39 create Porting/bench.pl
      1:57 process p5p mailbox
    ------
     12:19 TOTAL (HH::MM)

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.