develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2014

[perl #57512] Implicit close()s are silently unchecked for error

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
November 3, 2014 04:14
Subject:
[perl #57512] Implicit close()s are silently unchecked for error
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-18685-1414988053-1359.57512-15-0@perl.org
As of dc0c4db, close() restores the value of $! relevant to the handle and implicitly closed handles emit a warning.

The one remaining issue in this ticket is that STDOUT is not closed automatically on program exit.  (I’m not sure I want to tackle it.  This stuff is *hard*.)

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open