[perl #122853] Guarantee 0-9, A-Z, a-z character classes

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 30, 2014 23:31
Subject:
[perl #122853] Guarantee 0-9, A-Z, a-z character classes
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-19760-1414711890-1716.122853-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Oct 30 16:14:54 2014, jhi wrote:
> On Thursday-201410-30, 19:12, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
> >> ... and if we step outside ASCII, what do you think X-Χ should
> >> match?
> > If that is the same character at both ends (assuming it is in a
> > character class, and that your message was not somehow scrambled),
> > then it would match that one character.
>
> Look closer.

Duh.  It should match all Unicode codepoints between 0x58 and 0x3a7.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved