[perl #63540] bizarre closure lossage

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 30, 2014 15:42
Subject:
[perl #63540] bizarre closure lossage
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-20719-1414683734-1510.63540-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Nov 29 06:10:58 2010, sprout wrote:
> Fixed by dbe92b04c.

But that fix papered over the inherent problem with the code:  We are following op_next pointers without starting at the beginning of the chain.  I was trying to understand the logic in op_const_sv this morning when it dawned on me that there wasn’t any.  I’m about to refactor op_const_sv into 3 subs (it does three different things anyway).  Then things will start to make sense and this type of bug will be less likely to recur.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved