[perl #122853] Guarantee 0-9, A-Z, a-z character classes

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 30, 2014 05:03
Subject:
[perl #122853] Guarantee 0-9, A-Z, a-z character classes
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-4956-1414645413-386.122853-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Oct 29 21:44:19 2014, public@khwilliamson.com wrote:
> The remaining question I have is what happens if only one end of the
> range is a Unicode construct?
>
> [\N{U+04}-\x{09}]
> [\x{04}-\N{U+09}]
>
> I think this should be deprecated,

I don’t think it should be deprecated.  Most of us don’t care whether our code runs on EBCDIC, so things that just work on ASCII platforms should not be deprecated or removed because of EBCDIC-accommodating reasoning.

Everything else in your post I agree with.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved