Re: [perl #123069] signature/attribute syntax is awful

From:
Tim Bunce
Date:
October 29, 2014 11:56
Re: [perl #123069] signature/attribute syntax is awful
Message ID:
20141029115605.GG2169@timac.local
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:41:34AM +0100, Leon Timmermans wrote:

>    I agree that feels more natural (), but this also feels like a
>    highly subjective thing. IMO, ideally we'd allow both variations
>    (because why wouldn't we?).

Because of the extra cost for people to implement support for variations now.
Because of the extra cost for people trying to maintain perl for years to come.
Because of the extra cost for people trying to teach perl.
Because of the extra cost for people trying to learn perl.
Because of the extra cost for people trying to read other people's code.

(I don't have a strong view on this particular feature, I just wanted to
point out that there are good reasons for now allowing multiple
variations of some proposed feature.)

Tim.