Re: new long doubles option: gcc libquadmath

From:
Salvador Fandino
Date:
October 29, 2014 11:05
Re: new long doubles option: gcc libquadmath
Message ID:
5450C9F8.4060101@gmail.com
On 09/19/2014 03:30 PM, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> Craig Berry brought to my attention the libquadmath library, which is
> part of more modern gccs (though, depending on your OS distro, might
> be packaged separately).
>
> The library implements in software the 128-bit (113 bits of mantissa)
> IEEE 754 quadruple precision floats. It should work on x86 and ia64
> platforms.
>
> With the d6d36205..991b13da Perl now knows how to use those for NVs.
> INSTALL tells how.

On my Ubuntu box, Configure fails to find the quadpath library as it is
under "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9" but that directory is not
added to Configure libpath variable.