Re: Bringing the regex compiler into the current millenium.

From:
Christian Millour
Date:
October 23, 2014 16:05
Re: Bringing the regex compiler into the current millenium.
Message ID:
54492737.4090708@abtela.com
Le 23/10/2014 10:15, demerphq a écrit :
> I welcome any interest in this project. Please let me know if you have
> any thoughts or wish to contribute.

possibly not a welcome thought :

if at all possible, would you consider adding a maxlen attribute, that
would hold the maximum length of a match ? There is already a minlen
attribute for optimization (don't try to match if the string is too
short). The maxlen would help, when working on chunked input, to gather
enough input to ensure a complete match (especially when the regexp
contains optional trailer and thus might succeed on incomplete input).

This is a low-priority request. minlen can be accessed using
Regexp::MinLength, and I have been able to compute maxlen for simple
cases using Regexp::Parser. I have little trust in my efforts there
though and would love to see it done right.

Best regards
CM