Re: [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.21.4-453-gf4eedc6

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
October 15, 2014 12:45
Re: [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.21.4-453-gf4eedc6
Message ID:
20141015124450.GA28641@cancer.codesimply.com
> commit 56873d4238039e462718436d7c6b45e4689209de
> Author: Daniel Dragan <bulk88@hotmail.com>
> Date:   Sun Oct 12 22:42:15 2014 -0400
>
>   remove excess whitespace from warnings.pm
>
>   Some lines end with spaces, remove that, use tabs instead of spaces in code
>   so the perl code is less bytes to read from disk. This patch saved 183
>   bytes. Part of [perl #122955].

About two years ago, we updated editor hints to encourage new updates to stick
to spaces.  We didn't resort to a big "change all the whitespace!" fest, but
nonetheless the hope was to establish at least this much standard going
forward.

This commit switches to tabs, instead of spaces, for 183 bytes.  At best, one
block.  Probably not.  Even if it's a block now, later it may not be.

I think that "change indenting of files to make it load from disk faster" has
to fall way below the threshold worth persuing except in the most extreme
cases.

--
rjbs