[perl #121923] RFC/WIP replace Perl stack with self allocating/expanding (C-style) stack on Win32

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
October 8, 2014 05:29
Subject:
[perl #121923] RFC/WIP replace Perl stack with self allocating/expanding (C-style) stack on Win32
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-21001-1412746186-1852.121923-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Jun 02 22:54:57 2014, bulk88 wrote:
> I thought about the self allocating concept on *nix. Is an sbrk and/or
> mmap region of pages, when initially allocated and NULL filled, COWed
> to a single inter-process shared page of NULLs until it is written to,
> making the page "dirty" and then being added to the non-shared private
> pool of the process?

That would be implementation dependent.

POSIX doesn't discuss anonymous mappings.  POSIX 2008 doesn't discuss brk()/sbrk() (they've been removed)

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open