Re: [MSWin32] I need help with RT#98976

From:
bulk88
Date:
October 3, 2014 00:29
Re: [MSWin32] I need help with RT#98976
Message ID:
BLU437-SMTP53FDB05405D82E3D62C804DFA60@phx.gbl
Craig A. Berry wrote:
> I've now built blead on Windows 7 and commented out the skip; the
> 22timeout.t test never failed in a couple dozen runs on a pretty fast
> i7 laptop.  I believe the failing smokes were on older versions of
> Windows, and/or possibly on slower VMs, which may or may not be
> relevant.  So I don't have anything to debug on Windows.  There aren't
> that many places in the relevant code, though, where a file descriptor
> is passed to a syscall, so that select is still a prime suspect.
>
> Do note that the blocking() implementation, which as far as I can tell
> is inherited from IO::Socket, is different on Windows and VMS from
> everything else.  Again, may or may not be relevant, but it's
> different from systems where things are working.

As I said on the CPAN ticket (#I dont have off hand) over this issue,
you need 100% CPU for it to fail on windows. Preferably Perl building or
smoking in a tab in the background. I have 2 cores, Perl building in
another console in background will make it fail 90% of the time for me,
vs 5% of the time at idle.