Re: [perl #122853] Guarantee 0-9, A-Z, a-z character classes

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
October 2, 2014 13:05
Re: [perl #122853] Guarantee 0-9, A-Z, a-z character classes
Message ID:
20141002130533.GA19545@plasmasturm.org
* Abigail <abigail@abigail.be> [2014-10-02 13:45]:
> Let's not blow things out of proportion. How much code is actually
> effected by this? […] in practise, has that ever lead to
> problems? […] In theory, we could "fix" this, but is that worth the
> effort?

I think everyone is agreed that this ship has sailed, Yves included.

I still agree with Yves that if one were designing this from scratch
now, the only reasonable approach would be to say that the semantics
for ranges between verbatim characters always follow Unicode, rather
than special-casing particular classes of them.