Re: metaconfig source control/distribution and Debian's DFSG

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
October 1, 2014 20:03
Re: metaconfig source control/distribution and Debian's DFSG
Message ID:
20141001220253.4ff383b1@pc09.procura.nl
On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 19:47:08 +0200, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 October 2014 08:15, H.Merijn Brand <h.m.brand@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:33:41 -0400, Andy Dougherty
> > <doughera@lafayette.edu> wrote:

> > that
> > DFSG[1]
> > provided.
> > >
> > > One final follow-up:  Debian is certainly welcome to distribute the
> > > files used to build Configure.  The following two items would be needed:
> > >
> > >     1.  The precise version of dist used.  This can be obtained here:
> > >

> > http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/H/HM/HMBRAND/perl-meta-3.5-20.tgz
> >
> > now included in the subfolder "dist" and "bin" in the main metaconfig
> > repository.
> >
> > As noted in the commit: PLEASE do not change (and commit and push) any
> > local changes to these files in the repo, as that will break my builds
> >

> Should we hack a commit hook to enforce this?

No. We have git and I have backups.

Once things go bad, we could take measures

The only reason for me putting it in the git repo was to make it
available as per Dominic's request (which seems reasonable)

Having it in git is also a better way to distribute than a tarball on
my CPAN folder.

using perl5.00307 .. 5.19   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE