Re: metaconfig source control/distribution and Debian's DFSG

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
October 1, 2014 06:16
Re: metaconfig source control/distribution and Debian's DFSG
Message ID:
20141001081529.4b055e8b@pc09.procura.nl
On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:33:41 -0400, Andy Dougherty
<doughera@lafayette.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 08:34:58AM +0200, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:07:59 -0400, Andy Dougherty
> > <doughera@lafayette.edu> wrote:

> One final follow-up:  Debian is certainly welcome to distribute the
> files used to build Configure.  The following two items would be needed:
>
>     1.  The precise version of dist used.  This can be obtained here:
>
>         http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/H/HM/HMBRAND/perl-meta-3.5-20.tgz

now included in the subfolder "dist" and "bin" in the main metaconfig
repository.

As noted in the commit: PLEASE do not change (and commit and push) any
local changes to these files in the repo, as that will break my builds

>     2.  The custom metaconfig units used.  These are available here:
>
>         git://perl5.git.perl.org/metaconfig.git
>
> Rebuilding Configure would not be easy or automatic, but all the necessary
> files would be available.  Would that satisfy the Debian guidelines?

using perl5.00307 .. 5.19   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE