Re: RFC: implementing script runs

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
September 29, 2014 14:39
Re: RFC: implementing script runs
Message ID:
54296F19.1060206@iki.fi
> I wonder if, rather than affecting the previous atom, it wouldn't be more
> useful to set a scope for single-script matching.
>
>    (?«onescript»:\w+\d+\.\d+)

I haven't looked at tr36 in detail yet, but one has to be careful about
the naming/wording/documentation of this feature, and therefore
explicitly naming it "onescript" sounds a little dubious.  I'm mainly
thinking the fact that there's a large script called "Common" which is
very hard to avoid using, which includes things like whitespace, Latin
digits, punctuation.  One has to often handle the Common like "matches
any script", e.g. this field can be Cyrillic *or* Common.  Or think of
mixing of Latin and Greek in a math/physics text.