Re: [perl #122853] Guarantee 0-9, A-Z, a-z character classes

From:
Ed Avis
Date:
September 26, 2014 09:03
Re: [perl #122853] Guarantee 0-9, A-Z, a-z character classes
Message ID:
loom.20140926T110137-541@post.gmane.org
Ah, so even on EBCDIC the A-Z range will match 26 alphabet letters and only
that.  In that case, perhaps only a brief note is needed in perlre to
reassure those who learned Perl a long time ago, back in the days when A-Z
was a nonportable construct.

(I've never used an EBCDIC system and so I have never read perlebcdic, but
I still want to write portable code.)

--
Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com>