Re: [perl #122657] t/io/socket.t failing on hurd: peer from recv()should be empty or the remote name

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
September 25, 2014 15:21
Re: [perl #122657] t/io/socket.t failing on hurd: peer from recv()should be empty or the remote name
Message ID:
CAHhgV8gYvXZNALzrC3ObVTrRQi999OTyO=+vLND9Msbr0g4yFw@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > And that question explains why. The my keyword created a new lexical
> > variable with that name (so you're redeclaring $recv_addr and
> $peer_addr).
>
> I would really appreciate comments to people not even knowing the famous
> "perl" language, by experts to be a little more nice when solving
> problems caused by upstream authors.
>
> I think you have just created a non-fan of "perl", not a student willing
> to learn more :(

My apologies, I had no intention of offending you. My choice of words may
be been a bit stronger than I intended. I was commenting on the quality of
the patch, not on your effort. If I didn't care about the latter I wouldn't
have bothered to explain why the patch wasn't good.

Leon