Re: [perl #122657] t/io/socket.t failing on hurd: peer from recv()should be empty or the remote name

From:
Svante Signell
Date:
September 25, 2014 13:12
Re: [perl #122657] t/io/socket.t failing on hurd: peer from recv()should be empty or the remote name
Message ID:
1411597023.28919.92.camel@G3620.my.own.domain
On Wed, 2014-09-24 at 13:47 -0700, Leon Timmermans via RT wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Did not find that when searching the web, and thought the return value
> > was as the system call. Found it now:
> > http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/recv.html
> >
> > Attached is a patch modified Debian patch which works in both GNU/Linux
> > and GNU/Hurd. Of course you can find a better solution, and the print
> > statements should be removed. Comparing $recv_peer eq my $peer_name does
> > not work.
> >

> Your patch is nonsensical.

See below!

> > BTW: What's the difference between $var and my $var?
> >

> And that question explains why. The my keyword created a new lexical
> variable with that name (so you're redeclaring $recv_addr and $peer_addr).

I would really appreciate comments to people not even knowing the famous
"perl" language, by experts to be a little more nice when solving
problems caused by upstream authors.

I think you have just created a non-fan of "perl", not a student willing
to learn more :(

Thanks!