Re: distclean broken on Win32

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
September 21, 2014 13:57
Re: distclean broken on Win32
Message ID:
20140921135731.15706.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 09/19/2014 09:51 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
> I just noticed that after doing a "nmake distclean" there are still
> many files left lying around that shouldn't be. Exactly which ones is
> shown by running "git clean -dfx" afterwards: That should output
> nothing, but instead cleaned up all the files below!
>
> distclean certainly used to work at some time in the (recent?) past.
> I've no idea what broke it or when, and right now I need sleep, but if
> anyone wants to look before I start making the release tomorrow that
> would be appreciated. Not a showstopper, though.

Since this is a clear defect and not limited to Win32, I have opened a
ticket in RT which summarizes the discussion in this thread, summarizes
current documentation of the different commands, provides examples and
poses one policy question to be decided.

Could I ask that discussion move to:

(or its mailing list equivalent when that shows up)?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan