Re: new long doubles option: gcc libquadmath

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
September 21, 2014 12:49
Re: new long doubles option: gcc libquadmath
Message ID:
541EC96A.4030602@iki.fi
On Saturday-201409-20, 10:53, Reini Urban wrote:
> I know. I implemented the binary converters for all floating point formats in parrot.

Also VAX, IBM, and CRAY formats? :-)

> But it has to be separated when you implement binary serializers.

But yes, I think the 12/16 bytes difference is yet another nail in the
coffin of "portability" of the long double.  System A using 12-byte
80-bit and System B using 16-byte 80-bit long double have only one
chance in four to communicate...