Re: distclean broken on Win32

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
September 20, 2014 19:33
Re: distclean broken on Win32
Message ID:
CA+vYcVyQndL2HPC_PbSaE-s+X4bJ52WhYen3v7qsDq8E=73sHQ@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Karen Etheridge <perl@froods.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 08:45:05AM -0400, John Peacock wrote:
>> I don't know why we don't just make
>> "distclean" an alias for the git command and be done with it. :(
>
> You can't assume that everyone is working within a git repository.

Indeed.

I see the same list on OS X that Steve sees on Windows.  Quite a few
of these have explicit rules in the _cleaner2 target in Makefile.SH,
e.g.,

        -rmdir lib/Exporter lib/Encode/Unicode lib/Encode/MIME/Header

but that rmdir probably fails if the directory is not empty as is in
fact the case with lib/Exporter.  At first glance it appears to have
something to do with the cases where we generate pm_to_blib directly
and neither generate nor run a Makefile.PL.  Possibly there is
something make_ext.pl is not handling?