Re: distclean broken on Win32

From:
John Peacock
Date:
September 20, 2014 12:45
Re: distclean broken on Win32
Message ID:
541D76D1.4030908@havurah-software.org
On 09/19/2014 09:51 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
> I just noticed that after doing a "nmake distclean" there are still
> many files left lying around that shouldn't be. Exactly which ones is
> shown by running "git clean -dfx" afterwards: That should output
> nothing, but instead cleaned up all the files below!

I'm pretty sure this has been broken for years on Linux, since I know I
complained about it at least 2-3 years ago.  On those rare times I do
core dev work I have to remember the "git clean" options when switching
branches.  I don't know why we don't just make "distclean" an alias for
the git command and be done with it. :(

John