Re: Hash::Util and read-only values

From:
demerphq
Date:
September 20, 2014 03:52
Re: Hash::Util and read-only values
Message ID:
CANgJU+XLmSKr3Mjij03YM2KGuNB4qoTXtvdAkcZ96f4JxVE1DA@mail.gmail.com
On 20 September 2014 05:32, Father Chrysostomos <sprout@cpan.org> wrote:

> Yves Orton wrote:
> > [...] wild people [...]
>
> :-)
>
> > I think we need to separate out the internals
> > use of the readonly flag and NOT expose it AT ALL to the user, and leave
> > the current readonly flag alone, as it is in use in the wild and we arent
> > going to change that.
>
> OK, easy enough.  Protected values get two flags and core read-only
> checks check both.

Er... Im not entirely sure if that is what I meant, but Ill assume it is.

I think my followup where I said:

<quote>
I think we could add a new bit "locked", and then make SvREADONLY() use it.
That would be a reasonable fix. But again it doesnt require changing
Hash::Util at all. It requires changing universal.c XS_Internals_SvREADONLY
</quote>

is the important part.

Yves