Re: CPAN smokes and [perl #121638] 'Global symbol "$identifier" requires explicit package' error message

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
September 19, 2014 22:58
Re: CPAN smokes and [perl #121638] 'Global symbol "$identifier" requires explicit package' error message
Message ID:
20140919225754.8704.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Karl Williamson wrote:
> On 09/18/2014 11:13 PM, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
> > Added in d8c6310a4f.  This ticket is resolved.  Let's see how much of CPAN this breaks. :-)
> >

> While you were off-list earlier this year, we decided to avoid using
> blead as a CPAN smoker for things we suspect are likely to break it.

I meant that last sentence solely as a joke.  Even if this does break
CPAN, I think this change should still stay in.

Even if I had done a smoke first and found that Function::Parameters,
Mouse, Apache::EmbeddedPerl::Lite, triceps, Moose,
Parse::Keyword, Dancer, lib-with-preamble, DBIx::VersionedSubs,
MooseX::Method::Signatures Acme::use::strict::with::pride, Coat,
Config::Vars and Padre are likely to break, I would have applied
it anyway.