Re: [perl #121638] 'Global symbol "$identifier" requires explicitpackage' error message

From:
demerphq
Date:
September 17, 2014 00:14
Re: [perl #121638] 'Global symbol "$identifier" requires explicitpackage' error message
Message ID:
CANgJU+UEk272eN9oXY=xzu1pX5=m8GhUnkGuDR-q4BPddkb56A@mail.gmail.com
On 17 September 2014 01:01, Father Chrysostomos via RT <
perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> On Tue Sep 16 15:22:46 2014, demerphq wrote:
> > On 17 September 2014 00:15, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > * demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2014-09-16T17:50:23]

> I think everyone agrees on that, but not on how it should be done.

Ok, but below you say you have a plan. Which makes you "Stan, the man with
the plan". :-)

> > > This would be nice to have.
>
> But what do you think of my stopgap measure?  (Global symbol "$custard"
> requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my $custard"?)
> at -e line 1.)
>
> > Cool. Then I will be happy to lend a hand to make it happen. If
> > someone
> > starts on this before I do please let me know!
>
> I already have detailed plans as to how it should be done.  I had planned
> to do it after lvalue references.
>
> See ticket #122794.  Let’s please move the discussion there.

Willdo. Looking forward to reading it and working with you to accomplish it.

Cheers,
Yves