[perl #122558] Questions on list archives

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 14, 2014 21:22
Subject:
[perl #122558] Questions on list archives
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-9896-1410729763-947.122558-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Sep 14 09:30:40 2014, gdg@zplane.com wrote:

> I'm glad it was reproducible, because this has been a monumentally bad
> week
> for me submitting bug reports on non-reproducible problems. :)
>

> Is there an action item for me here (e.g., submitting a follow-up
> ticket to
> another organization)?  As a rank newcomer to p5p, I really don't have
> a clear
> idea of how p5p relates to lists.perl.org.  So if you need me to
> folllow up
> 'externally' so to speak, please point me to the proper place for
> doing so
> and I'll be happy to comply.

Following the instructions found here:
http://lists.perl.org/data.html

... I have just submitted a patch for the JSON data for the perl5-porters list.  (I just went through this with a different mailing list, so it was no sweat.)

This patch deletes the reference to sending an email to "perl5-porters-faq@perl.org".  This won't disable that email address, but it will give us some time to figure out:

(a) Do we want a "p5pfaq" at all?  (By "p5pfaq" I mean the content of an email that would be sent upon request from the email address above.)

(b) If so, what should be its content?  In particular, in what way should it be different from 'pod/perlhack.pod' or something already in core?

(c) What is the mechanism that generates that email response?

Glenn, others:  Comments welcome!

Thank you very much.
--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)