Re: [perl #122558] Questions on list archives

From:
Glenn Golden
Date:
September 14, 2014 15:06
Re: [perl #122558] Questions on list archives
Message ID:
20140914150619.GD524@huh.zplane.com
Ask Bjoern Hansen via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2014-08-18 17:00:55 -0700]:
> On Mon Aug 18 16:46:55 2014, gdg@zplane.com wrote:
>
> > Somewhat related question: There's another archive at
> >
> > http://grokbase.com/g/perl/perl5-porters
> >
> > which is up to date. But I've noticed that it nearly always takes a
> > few hours (sometimes overnight) before messages I (and others) have
> > posted to the list appear there.
>
> We don't have anything to do with that archive, as far as I know.

Btw, while I was figuring out where the FAQ came from, I also re-discovered
where I got that grokbase URL mentioned above, and why I assumed (incorrectly)
that it was administered by p5p: Because it's mentioned in the head URL list
of archive sources at

    http://lists.perl.org/list/perl5-porters.html

(last item).

Not sure if this is relevant or not, just giving my rationale for (mis)assuming
it was a p5p-administered database.