[perl #122661] Documentation "The Ellipsis Statement" of perlsyn

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 13, 2014 13:07
Subject:
[perl #122661] Documentation "The Ellipsis Statement" of perlsyn
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-28894-1410613656-1686.122661-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Sep 02 18:31:46 2014, perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org wrote:
> * ina cpan <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2014-08-31T03:43:59]
> > The Ellipsis Statement of http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsyn.html said,
> >
> > You can use a ; inside your block to denote that the { ... } is a
> > block and not a hash reference constructor. Now the ellipsis works:
> >
> > 1. @transformed = map {; ... } @input; # ; disambiguates
> > 2.
> > 3. @transformed = map { ...; } @input; # ; disambiguates
>
> I am somewhat baffled, as I have never seen "put semicolon at the end"
> used for
> this purpose.  It didn't work in v5.12.5.  I think this is probably
> just a
> documentation error, plain and simple, yes?

In order to move this ticket toward resolution, I have prepared the patch attached.  Please review.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---