Re: Perl 5.20.1 expected on Sun 14th

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
September 13, 2014 10:43
Re: Perl 5.20.1 expected on Sun 14th
Message ID:
CADED=K4Qk6bWHXZ8ifnEY9eXn3KXOHahF3iJzdvUWXUE4hAx_Q@mail.gmail.com
On 12 September 2014 23:59,  <hv@crypt.org> wrote:
> Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
> :If there is anything else that I've overlooked then please speak up in
> :the next 36 hours or so :-)
>
> At one point I think you were also hoping to include a fix for
> <https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=122283>; last update
> from Yves was a couple of weeks ago, not sure if it has dropped off
> the radar.

I dropped it, along with a bug-fix in Safe, in "5.20.1 status update
#3" since it didn't show signs of moving quickly enough to make it in:

http://code.activestate.com/lists/perl5-porters/210672/

It still doesn't look like it'll be done with time for a safe amount
of testing to be included in 5.20.1 without delaying that by several
weeks at least, and nobody has yet suggested that it's a show-stopper
that 5.20.1 shouldn't be released without a fix for, so I still plan
on leaving it for 5.20.2 unless that changes.