Re: Perl 5.20.1 expected on Sun 14th

From:
hv
Date:
September 13, 2014 00:14
Re: Perl 5.20.1 expected on Sun 14th
Message ID:
201409122259.s8CMxEu19019@crypt.org
Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
:As previously advertised, unless there are any last-minute
:show-stoppers I'm intending to release Perl 5.20.1 on Sunday 14th.
:
:There are two bug reports against RC1/RC2 that I'm aware of, but I do
:not consider either necessary to hold up the release any longer for:
:
:1) perl #122670: Module::CoreList version problems
:I've not seen any objections to the proposal to resolve this by the
:usual post-perl-release release of Module::CoreList having a new
:(higher) $VERSION, probably switching to a date-based number like
:5.YYYYMMDD to hopefully avoid such troubles again in future.
:
:2) perl #122747: Assertion failed in Perl_reg_numbered_buff_fetch,
:file regcomp.c, line 7459
:I am siding with the voices of caution and would rather this was
:delayed until 5.20.2 to give it more time to be tested. It also only
:occurs in -DDEBUGGING builds, which I would hope nobody would
:(normally) use in production anyway (but many thanks to the OP for the
:RC2 testing).
:
:If there is anything else that I've overlooked then please speak up in
:the next 36 hours or so :-)

At one point I think you were also hoping to include a fix for
<https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=122283>; last update
from Yves was a couple of weeks ago, not sure if it has dropped off
the radar.

Hugo