Re: [perl #122771] Devel::NYTProf causes perl assert failure:function Perl_rpeep, file op.c

From:
Mark Martinec
Date:
September 13, 2014 00:00
Re: [perl #122771] Devel::NYTProf causes perl assert failure:function Perl_rpeep, file op.c
Message ID:
ba53940fe860b410bbe8f77cf8413132@mailbox.ijs.si
>> Using Devel-NYTProf-5.06_80 and perl 5.20.0 compiled
>> with -DDEBUGGING

> I recommend that you take this up *first* at Devel-NYTProf's
> bug tracker at:
>   https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/issues

Done:
   https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/issues/38
   "use_db_sub=1 triggers perl assert abort: function Perl_rpeep, file
op.c"

> I recommend that because you are testing what is listed as a
> *development* version of this library (see:
> http://search.cpan.org/~timb/Devel-NYTProf-5.06/).

Same happens with Devel-NYTProf-5.06 as with Devel-NYTProf-5.06_80,
also aborts with perl-blead 5.21.4 (just a different line number).

> Since the latest *official* release of Devel-NYTProf has been passing
> most, but not all, of its smoke tests against Perl 5.20.0 and later
> (see: http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Devel-NYTProf+5.06), we have
> to rule out a bug in Devel-NYTProf before considering a bug in Perl
> itself.

Sure, thank you for a prompt response.