Perl 5.20.1 expected on Sun 14th

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
September 12, 2014 19:52
Subject:
Perl 5.20.1 expected on Sun 14th
Message ID:
CADED=K5tLmQ37ez1SqixGc=-CGgA0VP10+wNYzYvasZ+hgT1Pw@mail.gmail.com
As previously advertised, unless there are any last-minute
show-stoppers I'm intending to release Perl 5.20.1 on Sunday 14th.

There are two bug reports against RC1/RC2 that I'm aware of, but I do
not consider either necessary to hold up the release any longer for:

1) perl #122670: Module::CoreList version problems
I've not seen any objections to the proposal to resolve this by the
usual post-perl-release release of Module::CoreList having a new
(higher) $VERSION, probably switching to a date-based number like
5.YYYYMMDD to hopefully avoid such troubles again in future.

2) perl #122747: Assertion failed in Perl_reg_numbered_buff_fetch,
file regcomp.c, line 7459
I am siding with the voices of caution and would rather this was
delayed until 5.20.2 to give it more time to be tested. It also only
occurs in -DDEBUGGING builds, which I would hope nobody would
(normally) use in production anyway (but many thanks to the OP for the
RC2 testing).

If there is anything else that I've overlooked then please speak up in
the next 36 hours or so :-)