Re: [perl #122747] Assertion failed in Perl_reg_numbered_buff_fetch,fileregcomp.c, line 7459

From:
demerphq
Date:
September 12, 2014 14:29
Re: [perl #122747] Assertion failed in Perl_reg_numbered_buff_fetch,fileregcomp.c, line 7459
Message ID:
CANgJU+W-mgQkg6z0mWXEAQvgnDde=2p+RHyPJr8i5DQoK0=KgQ@mail.gmail.com
On 12 September 2014 13:08, James E Keenan <jkeen@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 09/12/2014 06:27 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 03:12:12PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via RT
>> wrote:

>>> Seeing that this is a crashing bug, it meets the policy.  It gets my
>>> vote.  (2c1f00b90, that is, which alone is sufficient for maint.)
>>>

>> On the other hand, its a long-standing (and clearly rare) issue, and
>> squeezing it in at the very last gasp into RC3 when it's had no time to
>> settle or be BBCed seems like a really good way to inadvertently break
>> 5.20.1. There's always 5.20.2.
>>

> What-Dave-said++

FWIW, I think delaying for a minor release is a good idea. If Mark really
needs this he can cherry-pick the patch and build a custom perl.

Sorry for any inconvenience Mark, but this patch has characteristics, (such
as being almost *too* easy), which make me a think a bit of time to cook in
blead is a good idea.

Yves