Re: [perl #122747] perlbug AutoReply: Assertion failed inPerl_reg_numbered_buff_fetch, file regcomp.c, line 7459

From:
Mark Martinec
Date:
September 10, 2014 16:23
Re: [perl #122747] perlbug AutoReply: Assertion failed inPerl_reg_numbered_buff_fetch, file regcomp.c, line 7459
Message ID:
70a44f45f988c96ffcb3076231ddaf88@mailbox.ijs.si
> This happened during processing of the first MIME part (a rather
> short plain text part, ISO-8859-2, 8bit) of an otherwise rather large
> mail message with attachment.
>
> The crash occurs within SpamAssassin code (the last debug
> log from SpamAssassin was: SA dbg: FreeMail: From address: ...),
> although I can't reproduce the failure when spamassassin is
> run from a command line [...]

Made some progress in narrowing this down, can reproduce it
now reliably by running spamassassin from a command line.

The crash involves a s/// operator with a horribly complicated
regexp (not utf8, not tainted), and a string (utf8, tainted).

Will try to narrow it down further...