Re: [perl #122661] Documentation "The Ellipsis Statement" of perlsyn

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
September 3, 2014 01:31
Re: [perl #122661] Documentation "The Ellipsis Statement" of perlsyn
Message ID:
20140903013115.GB27154@cancer.codesimply.com
* ina cpan <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2014-08-31T03:43:59]
> The Ellipsis Statement of http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsyn.html said,
>
> You can use a ; inside your block to denote that the { ... } is a
> block and not a hash reference constructor. Now the ellipsis works:
>
> 1. @transformed = map {; ... } @input; # ; disambiguates
> 2.
> 3. @transformed = map { ...; } @input; # ; disambiguates

I am somewhat baffled, as I have never seen "put semicolon at the end" used for
this purpose.  It didn't work in v5.12.5.  I think this is probably just a
documentation error, plain and simple, yes?

--
rjbs