develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2014

DAVEM TPF grant#2 report #43, #44

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
August 25, 2014 20:15
Subject:
DAVEM TPF grant#2 report #43, #44
Message ID:
20140825201541.GG5204@iabyn.com
(this report covers 2 weeks)

The main things I spent time on were:

* working towards making the various op_private flags be defined in a
  single place, then having 'make regen' do consistency checks and then
  generate the content needed for op.h, 'perl -Dx', Concise.pm etc.

* review and discuss the various patches and suggestions for speeding
  up method resolution etc, as submitted by Oleg.

* Did a bit more work on my OP_MULTIDEREF branch (not pushed yet)

* The usual miscellany from my p5p inbox.

2014/08/11
     0:16 process p5p mailbox
     3:10 add OP_MULTIDEREF

2014/08/12
     1:42 fix op/stat.t smoke issue
     2:48 review "Speeding up perl's OOP" patch

2014/08/14
     1:12 process p5p mailbox
     0:17 review "Speeding up perl's OOP" patch
     2:11 add OP_MULTIDEREF
     0:33 [perl #122526] Potential vulnerabilities in PERL 5.21.2

2014/08/18
     2:58 process p5p mailbox
     0:30 add OP_MULTIDEREF
     0:47 review "Speeding up perl's OOP" patch

2014/08/19
     0:57 process p5p mailbox
     3:49 review "Speeding up perl's OOP" patch

2014/08/21
     4:29 process p5p mailbox
     1:20 make op_private flag definitions be auto-generated

2014/08/22
     5:06 make op_private flag definitions be auto-generated

2014/08/24
     2:14 make op_private flag definitions be auto-generated

      0:33 [perl #122526] Potential vulnerabilities in PERL 5.21.2
      5:51 add OP_MULTIDEREF
      1:42 fix op/stat.t smoke issue
      8:40 make op_private flag definitions be auto-generated
      9:52 process p5p mailbox
      7:41 review "Speeding up perl's OOP" patch
    ------
     34:19 TOTAL (HH::MM)

--
"There's something wrong with our bloody ships today, Chatfield."
    -- Admiral Beatty at the Battle of Jutland, 31st May 1916.