develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2014

Perl 5.20.1-RC1 is now available!

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
August 25, 2014 18:49
Subject:
Perl 5.20.1-RC1 is now available!
Message ID:
CADED=K6UvOBk4AEJfEHyTzJ-0z4620vM3wbKg866uxqbjP04nA@mail.gmail.com
  DON ALFONSO:
  I'd like to speak, but I haven't the heart:
  my lip stammers.
  My voice cannot emerge,
  but remains in my throat.
  What will you do? What shall I do?
  Oh what a great catastrophe!
  There can be nothing worse.
  I feel pity for you and for them.

  FIORDILIGI: Heavens! For mercy's sake, Signor Alfonso, don't make us
  die.
  DON ALFONSO: My children, you must arm yourselves with constancy.
  DORABELLA: Ye Gods! What evil has occurred? What horrible event? Is my
  love dead, perhaps?
  FIORDILIGI: Is mine dead?
  DON ALFONSO: They are not dead, but they are not far from it.
  DORABELLA: Wounded?
  DON ALFONSO: No.
  FIORDILIGI: Ill?
  DON ALFONSO: Nor that.
  FIORDILIGI: What, then?
  DON ALFONSO: A royal command summons them to the field of battle.
  FIORDILIGI, DORABELLA: Alas, what do I hear? And they will leave?
  DON ALFONSO: Immediately.
  DORABELLA: And there is no way of preventing it?
  DON ALFONSO: There is none.
  FIORDILIGI: And not even a single farewell...
  DON ALFONSO: The unhappy men haven't the courage to see you; but if
  you wish it, they are ready...
  DORABELLA: Where are they?
  DON ALFONSO: Come in, friends.

    -- Lorenzo da Ponte, /Così fan tutte/, trans. William Weaver

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate of version 20.1,
the first maintenance release of version 20 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.20.1-RC1 from your favourite
CPAN mirror or find it at:

  https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.20.1-RC1/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  dbc07c1ccdddd3483d5065e134867c6df8eaa168  perl-5.20.1-RC1.tar.gz
  66bac169cb0366c447bef633e80f5238ef216ab5  perl-5.20.1-RC1.tar.bz2

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

***Please, please, please*** test your code against perl-5.20.1-RC1.
This is your last chance to point out any critical regressions before
v5.20.1 ships "for real," and we'd rather fix things for v5.20.1 than
for v5.20.2!

The final v5.20.1 will ship no sooner than Sep 6th, nearly a fortnight
from today.

Steve Hay