develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2014

[perl #121796] COW related performance regression in 5.19

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
August 23, 2014 05:20
Subject:
[perl #121796] COW related performance regression in 5.19
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-11740-1408771213-1093.121796-14-0@perl.org
On Mon May 12 09:22:19 2014, demerphq wrote:
> On 12 May 2014 17:25, Ricardo SIGNES via RT <perlbug-comment@perl.org>wrote:
>
> > Yves noted that the oversizing of strings may be the cause of OOM in
> > https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=121826 and (I believe)
> > https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=121815
>

> We should know soon. The patch I pushed this morning should be run against
> the offending modules.

Finding this whole discussion late, I would like to thank Yves Orton and Dave Mitchell for diagnosing and fixing this.  That’s quite a bit of detective work!

--

Father Chrysostomos