develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2014

[perl #122551] Should work with utf-8 characters

From:
Serhij Krajko
Date:
August 20, 2014 16:17
Subject:
[perl #122551] Should work with utf-8 characters
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-15752-1408300467-586.122551-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Serhij Krajko
# Please include the string:  [perl #122551]

Hello,

I'm very happy to see this prompt handles arrows and other traversing the input string. However, often we need to enter Unicode characters (encoded as utf-8 of course). Currently you just get a ? for each character that makes up the character in utf-8.