develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2014

5.20.1 status update #3

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
August 18, 2014 07:48
Subject:
5.20.1 status update #3
Message ID:
CADED=K79PpK_rez+AgzQCn6i5w=AMO_iFeq1fUe+z7Jrd4g_-Q@mail.gmail.com
Currently remaining:

Needing one vote:
1d8d63d Remove compiler warning spam on dos-djgpp [+1 hmb]

Needing two votes:
version-0.9909, which contains f57000b PATCH: [perl #121930] Bleadperl
breaks MDOOTSON/Wx
[I had previously thought that it would also bring in
https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=92721, but that's actually
in maint-5.20 already, having been applied to blead long before 5.20.0
was released!]

The version.pm update fixes #121930 except that there is an
outstanding question over what to do about adding a new XS-callable
function (747c467, see
http://code.activestate.com/lists/perl5-porters/210612/) and I believe
Karl is also kindly writing some documentation describing the issues
raised by this bug.

I would argue for bending perlpolicy far enough to accomodate adding
the new XS-callable function on the grounds that it's a part of the
fix for the regression issue in question ;-) Votes?...

There has not been any progress on the remaining two regressions that
I had been hoping to include fixes for (namely, #122283 and the bugfix
in Safe (Opcode) -
http://code.activestate.com/lists/perl5-porters/210398/) so unless
that changes in the next week or so then I think we should proceed
without them so as not to delay 5.20.1 too much longer. Any
objections? Are these issues serious enough that they must be fixed
for 5.20.1?

I would like to roll out RC1 this coming weekend (23rd/24th August
(and 25th too in England :-)), with 5.20.1 hopefully arriving in early
September.