develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2014

command line options

From:
Peter Martini
Date:
July 27, 2014 13:42
Subject:
command line options
Message ID:
CAFyW6MRPk8Qp9L4qAhVYWjgq1=UaAkqfWJ6nWmFD1Gdbmo1RgQ@mail.gmail.com
While we're discussing adding '-N' and '-P' flags, I noticed a while
ago that '-h' is not one of the documented flags when running 'perl
-h'.

http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/HEAD:/perl.c#l2946 points out
this is intentional, and that "[the perl -h output] really ought to be
max 23 lines".

Is that something we still want to hold ourselves too?

And on a related note, do we have to hold ourselves to single letter
flags, or would double-dashed flags be an option?