develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2014

Re: [perl #122283] Possible regexp memory explosion in 5.20.0

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
Re: [perl #122283] Possible regexp memory explosion in 5.20.0
Message ID:
53C41E52.9060507@khwilliamson.com
On 07/14/2014 04:13 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> It bisects to the following

I'm curious as to how you bisected this.  When I tried running Aaron's
script on my machine, it quickly ate up all the memory available.  What
I was planning to do to bisect it was to add a call to setrlimit() to
perlmain.c to cause it to die when it used up a much smaller amount of
memory, long before my machine starts thrashing.  But perhaps you have a
better way that would be educational for me and others to hear about.