develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2014

[perl #121512] .pmc not loaded if @INC has a trailing slash

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
April 2, 2014 04:12
Subject:
[perl #121512] .pmc not loaded if @INC has a trailing slash
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-21611-1396411933-680.121512-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Apr 01 09:42:26 2014, alh wrote:
> Side question (related to both of these patches) - is it bad that in
> the case of dirs that already end with '/', we're calling SvGROW with
> one more byte than we end up using? Or is there nothing wrong with
> SvGROW to an arbitrary length and SvCUR_set to a smaller size?

That isn't a problem, SvGROW() will often allocate a bit more space anyway.

pp_sysread() provides one example where we grow to a length where perhaps not all that space is used.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open