develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2014

[perl #121277] Commit "Make perlbug Unicode-aware." broke perlbug on Win32

From:
bulk88 via RT
Date:
April 1, 2014 01:29
Subject:
[perl #121277] Commit "Make perlbug Unicode-aware." broke perlbug on Win32
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-3066-1396315788-1021.121277-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Mar 29 16:09:18 2014, craig.a.berry@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:52 PM, bulk88 via RT
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> > This ticket got discussion in
> > http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2014/03/msg213931.html
> >

> I took a (blind) stab at trying to add the :crlf layer everywhere that
> I thought perlbug was opening a file for output that might later be
> opened by a user, or when perlbug was opening for input a file
> previously created that way:
>
> http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/89405f1ff7acf59b59c9f5f21d2b7b539140f360
>
> This is on the branch craigb/perlbug_encoding_fixup.  It has not been
> tested at all yet -- you could be the first :-).

branch craigb/perlbug_encoding_fixup is fine, problem in notepad is now gone in that branch. I say feel free to merge.

bulk88 ~ bulk88 at hotmail.com

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open